Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Welcome

I've finally decided to get on the blog wagon. I've tried several times over the years, mostly for special events. This time though, I'm doing it to write more and share a bit.

I'm an emergency manager by trade and a geek by nature. I met my husband on the Internet long before it was cool and I've been a devoted techie since we got our first computer when I was 12 (a TI 99/4a).

This blog is likely to revolve around my interests. I love my cats (all 4 of them). I'm working slowly on my PhD dissertation. I'm a Soroptimist and I care deeply about women's issues. I'm a full-time emergency manager and a part-time college professor. I have a huge interest in terrorism (one of the classes I teach) and in public information (another class I teach) and the use of social media in disasters. I'm passionate about social justice and equality for all people.

I'm a country girl at heart, though I live in the city. I own guns, I like to fish, I drive a truck, and I drag race. I love to travel. I have season hockey tickets with my husband of almost 15 years (our first date was a hockey game). I love to sing and I'm always up for a round of Rock Band or some karaoke.

I'm sure you'll learn more about me if you're brave enough to stick around or if I'm entertaining enough to keep you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment